Help Article How to set up email in Outlook 2011 for Mac
This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new email account in Outlook for Mac.
If the Mail account is already set up, but giving errors – then refer to our Troubleshooting guide.
Note: This guide defaults to IMAP and No SSL.
Replace example.com with your domain name
Check your password
- First, check your password by browsing to Webmail and trying to log in. If you aren’t able to log in, then you have the incorrect password. Forgotten passwords can be reset in konsoleH – you will need to get your domain or web administrator to update it for you if you don’t have konsoleH access.
- Launch Outlook for Mac
- Select Tools from the top menu bar and then Accounts…
Add an Account
- Select the E-mail Account option
Enter your account information
- Enter all the relevant details
- Ensure that the User Name is the full email address.
- If you don’t know your password, reset it via konsoleH.
- Choose IMAP or POP according to your preference.
- Select Override default port.
IMAP port settings
- Default setup: incoming 143, outgoing 587
- If SSL is required: incoming 993, outgoing 465
POP port settings
- Default setup: incoming 110, outgoing 587
- If SSL is required: incoming 995, Outgoing 465
- Click Add Account
- All settings should be correct on this screen – choose More Options
Settings for SMTP server
- Select User Name and Password for Authentication
- Enter in your User name (full email address) and password then select OK
You have completed your account setup
- Your Outlook mail program should now be set up to send and receive mail.